I’ve never been one to spend hours on my makeup looks, but when I became a mom makeup took a backseat altogether. To be honest, even after the craziness of the first six months of parenthood had long passed, I still didn’t feel quite like myself and that showed in the way I dressed (frumpy), did my makeup (or didn’t), and carried myself (you’d think I was an awkward tween again). In fact, it has taken me nearly three years to feel like me again.
Now that I’ve become comfortable in my new mommy skin (both literally and figuratively), I’ve adapted my makeup routine to fit my very busy schedule, which includes working full time, being a wife, a mommy, and a stylist. The picture above is the result of my very real 10-minute mommy makeup routine which I’ll be sharing below…all the way down to the exact products I use! Enjoy!
1. Moisturizer with SPF: This is a must. I live in the desert and my skin always feel dehydrated and dry, plus I’m all about staving off those wrinkles! I like Cetaphil because it does not irritate my skin, it is lightweight (aka not greasy), the tube lasts forever, and it packs a big punch at SPF 50.
2. Concealer: I am obsessed with Pixi’s Undercover Crayon. So easy. Perfect coverage…especially for those dark mommy eye circles. Seriously.
3. BB Cream: I use Physician’s Formula for several reasons, among the most important reasons are that it is gluten free and it does not cause breakouts. I also enjoy the dewiness of a BB cream. Plus I don’t have to spend extra time making sure coverage is even or that there are no streaks like I do with a full-coverage foundation.
3. Eyeshadow Primer: I saw someone on YouTube use Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion, probably about 8 years ago, and I’ve never gone back. It not only prevents creasing, it also intensifies eyeshadow color. If you get my favorite shade ‘Sin,’ you can even wear it as eyeshadow!
4. Eyeshadow: I usually stick to brown or pink palettes, or as I mentioned above some concealer and eyeshadow primer. Price is also a big determiner of what I purchase. I’ve been very happy with e.l.f.’s eyeshadow for several years–good pigment and great price!
4. Eyeliner: I have to share my FAVORITE EYELINER OF ALL TIME. That might have been a bit much, sorry for shouting, but I really love this eyeliner. Get it at Target. It’s $2. It’s literally called e.l.f. “Waterproof Eyeliner Pen.”
5. Mascara: If nothing else, I wear mascara. I really like to look awake and this coupled with concealer seems to do the trick. I tend to use any and every Maybelline mascara, but ‘The Falsies’ is my go-to.
6. Blush: Last but never least. Blush is probably my favorite makeup product. I feel like it gives your face some life, some color (haha), and just makes you feel like you really have it altogether. I tend to go for a peachy pink color with shimmer.