I don’t know about you, but after 8+ hours at work, cooking dinner, giving the little a bath, and then putting him to bed, I’m pretty tuckered out. Even weekends can be exhausting as I trade work hours for hours with Grey and the hubby, which means cooking three meals instead of just one, trying to find things to keep Grey entertained throughout the day, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and of course some family fun squeezed in there somewhere (more power to the stay-at-home moms who do this on the daily).
With that said, finding little ways to relax has become more and more important over the last few years, okay, let’s be honest, I’ve only actually tried to make this a priority over the last month–balance is hard! But when you’re body decides that you are not capable of making sound, healthy decisions it will do it for you (I’ve had headaches almost every day for the past 3 months). Since becoming more mindful about carving out “me time” throughout the day, the headaches have begun to diminish.
Here’s a list of things I’ve been doing lately to relax, I hope you’ll try a couple of them, because you deserve it mama!
- Drink more water. In case you didn’t already know this: living off of coffee does not work.
- I use a Heated Neck & Should Wrap whenever I get a chance… even when I’m cooking and cleaning!
- Free Yoga classes on www.doyogawithme.com (not sponsored, just genuinely love this website!)
- Audiobooks. I ‘m a huge reader, but an audiobook allows for a more relaxing, passive experience, similar to vegging in front of the TV.
- A hot bath does wonders for easing tension. Especially when you add a yummy Bath Bomb into the mix!
- Sheet masks and wine, or Kombucha if you are feeling healthy. These masks are fun, easy, and surprisingly relaxing. Sometimes we do them as a family (uncles, aunts, brothers, sister, grandparents, grandchildren…everyone) the laughs and giggles alone are enough to release large amounts of stress. Check out my favorite brand: TONYMOLY I’m Real Mask Sheet.
- Aromatherapy spray is my go-to. I spray it when I feel stressed at work, when my child has been screaming in the carseat for the past 20 minutes, and whenever I need a millisecond mini vacation.